Sunday, January 8, 2012

Orientation Day 1

 

The Group (minus me).


We walked as a group to breakfast in the Bibrambla plaza and were seated outside, it seems as though everyone who are chaperons talk to know very well, as they kiss both cheeks when greeting one another.  We sat underneath heat lamps because it was chilly and sipped hot café con leche with warm churros- the traditional breakfast of Spaniards. They do no eat nearly as much as I am used to eating. The orange juice was so freshly squeezed that it formed a foamy bright orange film on the top that was tangy and creamy, with the sweet water separating and settling down to the bottom. It put Florida’s best to shame. By far the tastiest juice I have ever drunk. We had an informational meeting afterwards, then to lunch! Knowing I wasn’t going to eat for a while, I ordered two dishes.

 ¡Que fresco!

Greek food, one of my favorites.

 Los chicos y 'Sue-sa' my nickname for ella.

 Me amiga Kaitlyn y yo

I received my housing address today:

Haley Diem
C/Aben Humeya 15, 6H (Hab. #4)
18005 Granada SPAIN

It’s been difficult adjusting to the time difference. I get waves of exhaustion that come over me; with not much I can do about except buy a café and hope I recover soon. I hope I don’t develop a crippling caffeine addiction!

I haven’t been able to run yet, but I am planning on scouting out the situation once I get settled. The mountains just outside the city are calling my name, whispering, “Come Haley, adventure through us! Run up and down our slopes!” I will answer their call soon enough.


Paz.

3 comments:

  1. I miss running with my spirit animal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't look half as tired as you claim to be :-P glad to hear you're getting settled.

    ReplyDelete